Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quit taking my fucking stapler!

A lot of the time I love what I do.

HOWEVER… Between doing what I love to do there is far too much time validating that to too many managers, and writing pointless reports to too many other managers.
Five weeks ago I submitted a presentation I needed cleared for use by last week.
Needless to say it has also been done (wrong) by two other people in two different countries and no-one thought to ask me what I needed. Me, the person on the bottom of the pile who actually has to USE the aforementioned presentation.
*sigh* Sometimes I feel like Milton from office space.

Several times this week I’ve said naughty words and sniveled on my partners shoulder out of sheer frustration.
Yes, I love my job.
So why is 80% of my time wasted on stuff that was never in the description, I don’t love, and I’m not good at?

I could go back to doing what I’m really, really good at (like all the time).
Back to being underpaid, and underappreciated. In my old job I was always too tired to live a good quality life outside of work.
At present, I have hobbies, see my friends, travel, have savings…
The thought of going back to scraping to save money makes my chest hurt.

So I guess I keep slogging.

Someone gave me hope today.
There are other jobs out there… and I would be good at them too.
Nothing is forever.
I will either get better at this, or move on.
I will either be great at that, or I will move on.

I am a highly educated, passionate person with a gift for sharing that passion for whatever I choose to teach.
Why do I keep forgetting that the world is at my feet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya,
Feel welcome to post a comment on what you like or don't like.
Please use a name to make it easier to follow.
Remember; this is my space, if you want to shit on the lawn, that's fine, but don't feel hurt when I turn the hose on you.
If I feel that comments are attacking individuals I will choose not to post them.
Tough cookies.